The new version of CF Geo Plugin 8.0.0 is coming on February 1, 2022.
New year is knocking at the door. The old one leaves and the new one comes. The year 2021 is accompanied by new technological changes. This, now last year, was also innovative and developmental for our team. The situation with COVID19 slowed us down a lot in development, but that slowdown gave us a new perspective on the problems we encountered and helped us direct our development into the right direction.
For the past 12 months, we have been working hard to develop a new version of CF Geo Plugin that will be revolutionary, simple and provide users new experience, new options, and much more precise geolocation. We have also adapted the plugin to other developers so that they can easily and quickly make the connection, adjust the functionalities and attach to the core of the plugin so that they can upgrade or adapt the plugin to their needs.
What’s coming with the new CF Geo Plugin 8.0.0?
- New optimized user experience based on the WordPress standard design with easy access to all information and settings.
- Add local libraries for Continents, Countries, Regions and Cities with autocomplete functionality.
- Maximally optimized PHP code with advanced caching algorithms with correct action hooks that allow advanced manipulation for developers.
- Improved SEO redirection with the possibility of import and export in the CSV format.
- Improved shortcodes that supports integration with other cache plugins to avoid “freezing” data.
- Advanced IP address recognition, enhanced support for Apache and Nginx servers
- And much more…
What are the requirements for CF Geo Plugin version 8.0.0?
To run CF Geo Plugin we recommend your host supports:
- WordPress version 5.4.0 or greater
- PHP version 7.0.0 or greater
- MySQL version 5.0 or greater OR MariaDB version 10 or greater
How to prepare your project for the new CF Geo Plugin version 8.0.0?
Make sure your server and WordPress installation meet the requirements of our plugin. Also consider the following:
- Back up your entire WordPress installation
- Make additional backup of your SEO settings
- It’s a good idea to take a screenshot of your settings so you can set them up if an unforeseen problem occurs.
All of the above is very important so that you do not get into the problems after the update.
Once deleted or changed data cannot be recovered.
How to upgrade to the new CF Geo Plugin version 8.0.0
All you have to do is log in to your WordPress admin page as an Administrator, navigate the Plugins, find the CF Geo Plugin or WordPress Geo Plugin (depending on the language) and click on update.
Once the update is complete, you will be able to use your CF Geo Plugin immediately.
Just make sure that you have previously prepared your server and WordPress installation at the request of our plugin, as well as that you have previously made an adequate backup if something goes wrong.
What problems can occur with CF Geo Plugin version 8.0.0?
There is no software in the world that has not had problems in the past. Each server and each WordPress installation is unique and unforeseen problems can occur for some users.
Because of that, we have foreseen several possible problems during update and solutions for it:
- Lost settings:
We mentioned that you need to make a backup and possibly a snapshot of your settings. If this problem occurs, all you need to do is to change your settings again and save.
- License Disabled:
If your license is valid after the update and the plugin is not activated, you need to reactivate your license. During the update the plugin may lose connection to the API for security reasons and this problem may occur.
- Lost or deleted SEO redirection:
If there is a problem with losing the settings for SEO redirection and if you have done CSV export before the update, import your CSV back and the plugin will work properly again. Just make sure the number of fields in the CSV matches our requirements.